Today is a Great Day to Start Anew
What if you had a real chance for a fresh start?
What if you could do almost anything that you could imagine?
What might be possible for you? For those around you?
Probably a lot. Maybe something really significant. But definitely something good. Something worthwhile.
Well, you absolutely can have a fresh start. Because every day is a new day.
Every Day is a New Day
January first is a nice day. It begins the new calendar year.
It’s a day that marks a transition, and it has some special momentum behind it because everyone suddenly seems to adopt the sense of possibility that comes from a fresh start.
A chance to begin again.
It’s an exciting time of year. Full of hope and possibility.
We look ahead to the promise of tomorrow and what that might bring.
But that can be true every day. And that might just be a better way to look at things.
Because every day is a new day.
January 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all new days. So is March 11th, September 27th, and November 1st.
And if you choose to look at every day as a chance for a fresh start, you will have a great year.
If you consider the many great possibilities that can come along each and every day, you will have a great year.
Most importantly, if you take even the smallest of steps toward some of those great possibilities, you will have a great year.
New Year Fades Fast, New Days Keep Coming
Here’s the thing. All the excitement of the new year dissipates quickly.
There are parties and celebrations. You will stumble a bit when writing down dates for a while, putting 2016 and then crossing it out to correct for 2017.
And then you will get used to it.
The excitement will fade. Possibilities will start to seem more distant, less reachable. Routine and busyness will dampen things further.
Down the line you might wonder where all the promise of the new year went…
Or, you could realize that every day is a new day and a new chance. It’s a refresh and a restart…if you approach it with intention and with excitement.
After all, our years, months, and weeks are made up of days. If you focus on creating great days, the weeks, months, and years will be in great shape.
Do Your Personal Best
The best way I know to make things great for yourself is to take charge of your own personal and professional development.
Every day, try to make yourself a little better. Try to work on something that matters to you. Try to think big and act small…because the small steps are the only way to your big destination.
If you approached each day with the goal of making yourself better, you will become better. You will be able to accomplish more. And you will be happier.
Consider this simple outline:
- Set an intention for each day. Determine the #1 most important thing that you must accomplish for the day.
- Do one healthy thing. It could be exercise, nutrition, or something else that directly improves your well-being.
- Arrive early to at least one appointment. Give yourself a break from the endless hustle and bustle and create the briefest of respites so that you can approach one important appointment from a cool, calm, and collected sense of being.
- Grab a little quiet time. Take a slot during the day to just be. Be still and be quiet. Gather your thoughts and reflect.
- Do one thing that is new. It could be as simple as taking a new route to work or trying a new place for lunch. New is invigorating.
- Work uninterrupted for a while. Take your most important task and dedicate some time to it. Work without stopping and without interruption. You owe that to the task, and to yourself.
- Build on this momentum and start to plan a little bigger as you continue down this path.
What if you did these 7 little things each day? (Or maybe just tried one each day for a week to get started…)
Would that make for a good day? A productive day? A day that is building on yesterday and setting you up for a better tomorrow?
This might be a good way to build a good day. You can probably think of ways to customize it to your own situation. Maybe you have more ideas or better ideas.
You can probably agree that making a great day would help to make a great week. Those weeks would build into months. And into a great year.
If You’d Like Some Help
If you’re looking for an easy way to get started, take my free 7-Day Personal Leadership Challenge. I made it just for you. Because I want you to succeed.
It will take you through the 7 steps above, focusing on one each day. And I will jump in to help and encourage you whenever you need.
The tasks are simple, but the results can be profound.
I’ll guide you each and every step of the way.
Yes! I Want to Take the 7-Day Personal Leadership Challenge!